[Asterisk-Users] Speeding up the dial of DTMF's in SIP channel

Imran Ahmed codentest at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 17:42:07 MST 2006

Please Ignore if you cannot edit the code.

You will have to modify app_dial.c in apps directory.
Look for code that calls ast_dtmf_stream(chan, ..., timeout)
The last parameter is the inter digit timeout, it can be set to as low
as 1 (1 millisec) a value of  0 it will default to 100millisecs.
The solution is to add an option to dial application for the timeout
which defaults to the current value(250ms) in app_dial which will
provide for custom timeouts through the dialplan.
Also note that too small timeouts like below 100ms will mess up inband
dtmf tones for example in some zap channels.

Imran