[Asterisk-Users] Unable to forward frame

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Wed Mar 15 15:07:56 MST 2006

> exten => _3XX,1,Answer
> exten => _3XX,2,Dial(Sip/${EXTEN},6000,t)
> exten => _3XX,3,Hangup

Why do you Answer before you Dial here? I had a problem where calls were
misbehaving and someone asked me that same question. Without really
understanding why I removed the Answer and it then just worked.

I think the idea is that Dial connects the incoming channel - still in
the 'ringing' state - to the outgoing channel, and then the outgoing
channel takes care of answering the incoming call (or not).

Or maybe you know what you are doing and there is a perfectly good
reason to Answer before Dial.

James