[Asterisk-Users] definity prologix

JOSE MANUEL CORTES DAVID jmcortes at puj.edu.co
Wed Mar 15 12:48:10 MST 2006

Hi

I have a project where I need to connect an asterisk server to an avaya definity prologix PBX in order to add ip telephony to a organization, actually there's no E1 ports available for connections, I want to use a 2 port card (still dont know wich digium or sangoma), then one E1 cable will be desconnected from the PBX and connected to the asterisk server and the other port from the server is gonna be connected to the avaya PBX. is there any problem with this? what card can you recommend me for this? is there any compatibility problem with asterisk and the PBX? i would like to have your wise opinion. here's the diagram

Actually

                              X----(E1)----- PBX

The project

                              X----(E1)----------- PBX-----(E1)------Asterisk server----(Ethernet)-------ip telephony