[SPAM] Re: [Asterisk-Users] OT - force Cisco phones to reboot

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Wed Mar 15 09:47:17 MST 2006

In the sip_notify.conf file, there's a couple different events that will
cause different phones to reboot.  One of them is cisco-check-cfg.  In
the asterisk cli, if you run "sip notify cisco-check-cfg <exten>" with
that file in your tftpboot directory, you'll send the phone a reboot
command.

Aaron

Joao Pereira wrote:
> I dont have this "cisco-check-cfg <exten>" command in my asterisk...
> Did you installed some extra module or channel?
> Thanks
> Joao Pereira
>

> Aaron Daniel wrote:
>
>> It really depends on the number of phones you're wanting to reboot.
>> Whenever we do a reconfiguration of our phones, I have a script that
>> runs that night that pulls all the names from the db that are cisco
>> phones, and does a sip notify cisco-check-cfg <exten> in asterisk,
>> which notifies the phone to reboot in 20 seconds if nothing
>> interesting happens (phone call comes in... browsing the interface...
>> stuff like that).  In order for this to work, you have to put a file
>> in the tftpboot folder called syncinfo.xml containing this:
>>
>> <SYNCINFO>
>> <IMAGE VERSION="*" SYNC="0"/>
>> </SYNCINFO>
>>
>> in order for the phones to actually reboot though.
>>
>> That's what we do anyway :)
>>
>> Aaron
>>
>> Joao Pereira wrote:
>>
>>> Hello to all
>>> Does someone knows how to force the Cisco IP phones (7940 and 7960)
>>> to reboot weekly or monthly?
>>> I think this would be useful because sometimes we change the
>>> configuration settings in the TFTP, but the phone just check the TFTP
>>> when he restarts...
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> João