[Asterisk-Users] Stuck. Extenions.conf? Realtime? MySQL? Grrrrr!

brett at websmyths.com brett at websmyths.com
Wed Mar 15 03:34:08 MST 2006

On 3/15/2006, "Douglas Garstang" <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
>Boy, am I stuck...
[snip]
>My brain hurts.

Doug,

Whenever I have gotten to this point in a project, I use two rules for
handling the situation.

Rule 1. Booze
Rule 2. Throw money at it.

Rule 1 makes me feel better.
Rule 2 takes care of the problem but...
If the boss isn't happy - fall back to Rule 1.

The hardest target to hit in the programming shooting gallery is the
moving one.  Unless you 'sold' the powers that be that Asterisk is the
answer to all questions... then you made your bed... but as I remember,
I think you got 'stuck' with this one.

You can probably (but I doubt it) buy a system that will do all this
for you. Probably not out of the box tho and probably not without a
large 'programmers' bill to boot. And several third-party packages.

So grab your favorite alcoholic beverage, nail down what they want, and
start solving the problems.  Even if it takes a year - it will be better
and cheaper than anything they can purchase.

Brett