[Asterisk-Users] Max retries exceeded to host...

Dan Morin DMorin at rlwinc.com
Tue Mar 14 18:13:07 MST 2006

The past two days, I've been having issues with my two VoIP service
providers where calls just suddenly hang up. The following is from the
log:

Mar 14 13:50:55 WARNING[5887] chan_iax2.c: Max retries exceeded to host
64.34.45.100 on IAX2/voipjet-3 (type = 6, subclass = 11, ts=250000,
seqno=80)
Mar 14 13:50:55 DEBUG[10428] channel.c: Didn't get a frame from channel:
IAX2/voipjet-3
Mar 14 13:50:55 DEBUG[10428] channel.c: Bridge stops bridging channels
SIP/759052-e6e9 and IAX2/voipjet-3
Mar 14 13:50:55 DEBUG[10428] chan_iax2.c: We're hanging up
IAX2/voipjet-3 now...
Mar 14 13:50:55 VERBOSE[10428] logger.c: -- Hungup 'IAX2/voipjet-3'

My Asterisk box is the only thing (behind a firewall) on a dedicated T1
(Internet - 1280K) with not more than 2 VoIP calls at a time. These
calls are coming from a SIP ATA into asterisk and out an IAX2 trunk. I'm
running asterisk 1.2.5.

If you have any ideas I would really appreciate some assistance. Thanks
in advance.
Dan

Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the noted recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary and confidential.

If you received this message in error, you must not, directly or indirectly, distribute, use, disclose, print, or copy any part of this message. Please notify the sender if you have received this message by mistake and erase this email and its contents from your system. Note that any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, note that email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, received late or incomplete, or infected with a virus. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability for any errors in the content of this message which arise as a result of email transmission.