[Asterisk-Users] help required configuring card

rnacharya rnacharya at bbsr.syscomes.com
Tue Mar 14 17:26:25 MST 2006

Hii,

    I've a Digium TE205P  card and I'm running asterisk at home in a box.I want to configure this card in that box.But as it is a dual port card I'm not sure how to configure it in my box.By searching diffrent site I could able to make a sample configuration bellow I'm giving.Basically I want to connect one T1 connection in one port and in anather port of the card I'll attach my Epbx so that I can make use of existing telephone.Please help.The protocol in T1 we are using is E&M.

regards
rudra

  1.. Login to asterisk @ home server  and go to /etc directory
  2.. vi zapte.conf file and put entries like this give bellow.

[root at asterisk1 etc]# cat zaptel.conf

# Autogenerated by /usr/local/sbin/genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit

# Zaptel Configuration File

#

# This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg

#

# It must be in the module loading order

# Span 1: ZTDUMMY/1 "ZTDUMMY/1 1"

# Span 1: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1"span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs

e&m=1-24

 # Span 2: TE2/0/2 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2"span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs

e&m=1-24

loadzone = us

defaultzone = us

** Is this configuration is ok??

  3.. Log in to asterisk through Web based console. Click on the maintanace tab then followed by config –edit. Then clcik on zapata.conf file. Edit this file as follows

Signaling=em_w

channel => 1-24

Click on update and click on reload the configuration.

**  here I’m facing the problem as we have two port card installed in the machine what are the entries we need to put in this file zapata.conf .

4.Then go back to asterisk at home console and give following commands

modprobe wct2xxp [ This is for Digium TE205P  card]
ztcfg –vv to see the status.

Once this is done we have to make configuration through the web console.