[Asterisk-Users] Simple php script to monitor asterisk calls

Sig Lange sig.lange at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 16:11:17 MST 2006

There are far better methods to achieve this similiar application  using the
manager API. There is a beta interface available at
http://sig.lange.googlepages.com/assman . The project is currently awaiting
source forge approval and will have a more up to date version on
assman.sf.net when it's approved. For now the beta should do everything you
want.

On 3/14/06, Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC <mojo at horanappraisals.com> wrote:

> It just got uglier, cause now it does something possibly intelligible
> with parked calls, voicemail leaving, voicemail checking, AGI running
> (probably even EAGI and DeadAGI too, 'cause of the preg stuff),
> BackGrounding sound files, Playbacking sound files, MeetMe conferences.
>     At least it does intelligible things here for us.
>
> The only thing I can see left on the soon horizon is to implement
> callerid name as well as number into the bridged call display.
>
> Comments, suggestions still welcome :P
>
> http://horanappraisals.com/asterisk/pbxmonitor/
>
> Moj
>
> Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:
> > Hiya, hope I don't bore anybody with this.  There are certainly a lot of
> > monitor-y things out there and they just didn't fit my need, so maybe
> > this will fit someone's besides mine.
> >
> > http://horanappraisals.com/asterisk/pbxmonitor/ contains two files.  one
> > is a php script called pbxmonitor, and one is a flat file of extensions
> > to extension name mappings of internal users.  It contains example data
> > that needs editing to fit your scenario.
> >
> > so the pbxmonitor.db might have (separated by tabs):
> > SIP/2000      Receptionist
> > SIP/2001      Username 2
> > SIP/2002      Username 3
> >
> > an internal call might say:
> > Username 2 talking to Receptionist
> >
> > an outgoing call might say:
> > Username 3 talking to 18005551212
> >
> > an incoming call (already answered) might say:
> > 18005551212 talking to Receptionist
> >
> > It's pretty self explanatory I guess.  Run it and hope it does stuff.
> >
> > so, pbxmonitor, in our application, is called from watch, like so:
> >
> > watch -t -n 1 pbxmonitor
> >
> > but you could implement it into a refreshing webpage or otherwise parse
> > it for your needs.
> >
> > [sidenote]
> > We use putty to connect to the asterisk box, and there's an account
> > called monitor with a key login instead of password login, and the
> > monitor user's .bashrc runs this watch line at startup, followed by an
> > exit.  I call tell putty to auto login a username, and via the command
> > line, make it load this connection at startup without asking for any
> > info, so it's pretty seamless for the end user.  But all that is neither
> > here nor there related to my post.
> > [/sidenote]
> >
> > I don't have parked calls in yet, but will soon.  I don't have meetme
> > conferences in soon, don't know if I will.  It doesn't do non-bridged
> > calls yet, this will be soon, as it is important to us.  This should
> > give indications of people checking their voicemail, people in echo
> > rooms and meetme conferences, and people in IVR things. Not sure what
> > else I'll have in it eventually, we'll see.  It's only tested with SIP,
> > IAX should work but dunno. I'll post back when I improve it.
> >
> > Comments, suggestions welcome!
> >
> > Moj
> >

> --
> Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
> [...]