[Asterisk-Users] EICON Diva 4BRI

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Tue Mar 14 14:48:03 MST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Steve Kennedy wrote:
> Are there any step by step instrunctions on how to install drivers and I
> guess bristuff for this card?
>
> Just need to use it to handle voice on 2 BRI circuits (UK) then utilise
> with Asterisk and some Digium cards handling POTS phones (and some VoIP
> out the back).
>
> It's the EICON card stuff and how to make it all work I'm finding
> confusing?

You can use the driver which comes with the kernels 2.6 and install the
divactrl utility and the firmware files (see www.melware.net).
Or you load Eicons source RPM where everthing is included as well as an
install/config wizard.
To use these cards with Asterisk, you need chan-capi which can be loaded
from
  ftp://ftp.chan-capi.org

Armin