[Asterisk-Users] Corrupt CDR records in Asterisk 1.2.x

Jeroen Zwarts bdjeroen at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 14 04:40:07 MST 2006

Reply to self:
Last week I had some time to figure out a workaround for the CDR logging
problem. I used an AGI-script together with de Mysql CLI application. It is
far from perfect, and I want to spend some more time to figure out a better
way, but this seems to be working OK on my testmachine:

This is what I do:

I run a DeadAGI script in the Hangup extension like this:

-------------------------------
exten => h,1,Deadagi (fixcdr.sh)
exten => h,2,Hangup()
-------------------------------

The /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/fixcdr.sh looks like this:

------------------------------
#!/bin/bash

read agi_request
read agi_channel
read agi_language
read agi_type
read agi_uniqueid
read agi_callerid
read agi_calleridname
read agi_callingpres
read agi_callingani2
read agi_callington
read agi_callingtns
read agi_dnid
read agi_rdnsid
read agi_context
read agi_extension
read agi_priority
read agi_enhanced
read agi_accountcode

set -- $agi_uniqueid
uniqueid="'"$2"'"

set -- $agi_callerid
telefoonnummer="'"$2"'"

echo -e  "mysql --user=asterisk --password=asterisk --exec='use cdr;UPDATE
cdr SET src=\042$telefoonnummer\042 WHERE uniqueid=\042$uniqueid\042'"   >>
/test/runthis.sh
echo -e  "mysql --user=asterisk --password=asterisk --exec='use cdr;UPDATE
cdr SET clid=\042$telefoonnummer\042 WHERE uniqueid=\042$uniqueid\042'"   >>
/test/runthis.sh
------------------------------

And then I let cron run the runthis.sh script. And the runthis.sh executes
the SQL strings in the file with the mysql monitor application.
The place where you put the runthis.sh must be writeable for the user that
Asterisk runs on (in my situation running Gentoo it is the user asterisk
with group asterisk)

As I already told, it is far from perfect (I have to find a way to empty the
runthis.sh file after cron has taken care of the CDR updates, and it would
be nicer to put the 2 SQL statements together).
I don't think you can use this in a high volume environment too, because of
the possible load increase on your database when running the runthis.sh.

But still I wanted to share this with you, I hope it may be helpful to you
people having problem with BRIStuff/CDR.

Jeroen