[Asterisk-Users] saydigits

El Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Mon Mar 13 18:37:59 MST 2006

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I was searching on voip-info.org for saydigits.
> I see no indication it is not valid in 1.2.4 asterisk.
> however, when trying to use it I get and error "no application saydigits".
>
> what is the correct way to echo back digits in asterisk 1.2.4?
>
> I tried "say digits 123" and "saydigits 123" both gave "no application "
> error

Jerry,

I have it on my box:

demo*CLI> show version
Asterisk 1.2.4 built by root @ demo on a i686 running Linux on 2006-02-27
07:15:32 UTC
demo*CLI> show application saydigits
demo*CLI>
   -= Info about application 'SayDigits' =-

[Synopsis]
Say Digits

[Description]
   SayDigits(digits): This application will play the sounds that correspond
to the digits of the given number. This will use the language that is currently
set for the channel. See the LANGUAGE function for more information on setting
the language for the channel.

demo*CLI>

You might want to check if the application is loaded.