[Asterisk-Users] MWI to 7960's sometimes delayed or lost. Please advise.

Paul paul at siliconvp.com
Mon Mar 13 16:12:30 MST 2006

I have a large group of 7960G's running Asterisk 1.2.4 using SIP 7.5.  Most
of the time the message waiting indicator works fine.  Once or twice a day
either an MWI is not sent to the phone or the phone misses it.  I have not
noticed duplicates being sent and I can't figure out the time, if any, a
resend is made. Anyone know why I'm missing, loosing or not sending an MWI
to the 7960's?

Short of writing a program to scan the mailboxes for new messages and bump
the count then reduce it to force another MWI does anyone know how to force
MWI's (such as a notify record moved to the outbound queue - or a
configuration item somewhere in SIP)

I want to change the frequency of checking for messages as well as change
the frequency an MWI is resent for the same mailbox.

This seems to be an annoying problem.  Is there a way to put an outgoing
message in the proper format to force the manager to send an MWI.  What is
the format of an MWI notify message for the outgoing queue?  With this
knowledge, I could then write a cron job to scan the mailboxes and move a
notify message in the outgoing queue to generate the MWI.

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Thanks all..

Paul