[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk RealTime Question, Please help

Benchev bbench at mail.bg
Mon Mar 13 11:51:28 MST 2006

> > 	I was able to install Asterisk and Asterisk-addons and use them
> > successfully. But I have a problem now, I have many contexts and it looks
> > like Asterisk is unable to find the context given directly in Mysql DB
> > unless I specify it in Extensions.conf to switch it to RealTime. If I add
> > a new context in Mysql then I have to add it in Extensions.conf and
> > reload extensions whenever I need a new context. Please tell me if there
> > is a way to avoid all this and make Asterisk take contexts directly from
> > Mysql without mentioning that context in Extensions.conf. If this is
> > possible then I can make my Asterisk RealTime actually and modify
> > contexts directly in Mysql.
Idea from the wiki:
; If regcontext is specified, Asterisk will dynamically create and destroy a
; NoOp priority 1 extension for a given peer who registers or unregisters with
; us.  The actual extension is the 'regexten' parameter of the registering
; peer or its name if 'regexten' is not provided.  More than one regexten may
; be supplied if they are separated by '&'.  Patterns may be used in regexten.
;
;regcontext=sipregistrations
That means that you should creat a "mother" context in extensions.conf:
[sipregistrations]

But first I would try to add a field "regcontext" along with "regexten"(which
already there) in sip_users table since for the trick to work ...
read http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+sip+regcontext

Hope this will give you a clue.
Benchev