[Asterisk-Users] Analog Desktop Phone

Thczv F. Thczv thczv.thczv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 11:50:54 MST 2006

On 3/13/06, Martin Joseph <ast at stillnewt.org> wrote:

> > The problem with that one is that (as near as I can tell from the
> > photos and the manual) it has no visual MWI.
>
> Is your ATA going to be able to turn on the MWI light on an analog
> phone?  How does that work?  Just curious.

Yes, I think so.  I'm not sure how it works.  We have a couple of
Panasonic cordless phones that are also hooked up to Sipura ATAs
(since the Panasonics require a power supply, they won't work when the
power is out).  Asterisk lights up the MWI on those phones through the
ATA.  I just assume that Asterisk and the ATA are mimicking whatever
signaling these phones are designed to receive from the local baby
(soon to be Ma) Bell.

Dave