[Asterisk-Users] Re: transfers/parked calls + polycom 501

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Mon Mar 13 10:31:09 MST 2006

Hi Andrew -

> On Monday 13 March 2006 10:20, Noah Miller wrote:
>>>   The transer button on the polycom phone does not seem to transfer/park
>>> the call properly.  I have to use the # -> 700  to park  the call.
>>
>> If I recall, using the Polycom transfer, you have to make sure it is done
>> as a blind transfer.  The Polycom attended transfer (default) option does
>> not work.
>
> How is this configured?  That is, how do I configure the Polycom's transfer
> button to be a blind transfer?

>From what I know, you can't configure the polycom transfer button to do
blind transfers by default.  You just have to make sure to manually press
the blind softkey every time you do a transfer for the parking lot.  My
solution was to set '#' as the asterisk transfer key, and remap the Polycom
transfer key to '#'.  Actually, my even more simplified solution was to hack
parking as a feature in features.conf.  I then set the '*' key to use the
parking feature, and remapped the services key to '*'.  I have a patch for
this, if you want it.

Now I need to do my part and test out the new metermaid feature in Olle's
test-this-branch ;-)

- Noah