[Asterisk-Users] Clustering

Peter Bowyer peeebeee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 09:18:37 MST 2006

On 13/03/06, Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
> Now that I've read that paragraph of Kevin's a few times, it strikes me that this is not a redundant configuration. If the call is handled by the Asterisk system where the phone registered, what happens if that system becomes available? Can another system (one that did not handle the registration) process the call?

(Any chance you could format your emails for easier quoting? Thanks)

Something like this:

Server A

[sip-registrations]

exten => peer1,2,Dial(SIP/peer1)
exten => peer2,2,Dial(SIP/peer2)
include => switch-server-b

[switch-server-b]
switch => IAX/user:pass at server-b/sip-registrations

So a call arriving in context sip-registrations will hit any peer
which has registered (with the regcontext trick), and fall through to
the 'switch' for any which hasn't.

Server B has the opposite.

This won't help with a failure for an in-progress call, but should
automatically distrubute calls around your peers which are registered
with one server or the other. If the phones know how to re-register in
the event of a server failure (and I think you said you use a
SRV-based system for this), then something good should be able to
happen.

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter at bowyer.org