[Asterisk-Users] Re: transfers/parked calls + polycom 501

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Mon Mar 13 08:20:37 MST 2006

Howdy -

>   The transer button on the polycom phone does not seem to transfer/park  the
> call properly.  I have to use the # -> 700  to park  the call.

If I recall, using the Polycom transfer, you have to make sure it is done as
a blind transfer.  The Polycom attended transfer (default) option does not
work.

>   Furthermore the # -> 700 only works on incomming calls.  If I  dial out then
> try to transfer, the # -> 700 doesn't do anything.

This would be a matter of flags in your dial command.  the 't' option
assures that the receiving leg of the call can transfer, while the 'T'
option allows the caller to transfer.  If you do decide to use the 'T' flag
on outgoing calls, you may want to change your transfer option to something
other than '#' (maybe '##' instead), otherwise people using IVR systems (for
banks, calling cards, etc) will be unable to "press pound" without
initiating a transfer.

- Noah