[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk large scale, help needed

venkat kumar venkat.voip at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 08:06:55 MST 2006

Hi Members,

I was able to install Asterisk and configure many of it's features.
Currently I am using Extensions.conf for giving all my contexts and
extensions. Whenever I change my extensions or add a new context I have to
reload extensions.conf and practically it is not possible reloading many
times as we update or add contexts many times. Please tell me what could be
the best solution to avoid all this and if possible extensions.conf itself.
I came to know about scripts using AGI but I am a newbie totally and I do
not have any idea using them. I have seen a article in voip-info site
showing some examples on AGI and PHP. I want to do something like this:

Can I write a set of rules to Asterisk say from PHP using AGI and if the
first rule fails then it must go to next rule and so on? If the first rule
fails then Asterisk will go to the next rule or will I receive something
from Asterisk that first rule failed and then I write the second rule and so
on. If I do something like this then I can have a file for every context and
update it and no reloading is necessary.

I checked Mysql add on for Asterisk but if I add a new context then it is
not going to work without reloading. Please tell me how can I do the above
with Asterisk and please suggest me if there is any good alternative for
doing this?

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
Venkat.