[Asterisk-Users] RE: Multiple IAX clients behind a firewall

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Mar 13 05:46:42 MST 2006

Adrian Carter wrote:
> Tim Panton wrote:
>>
>> On 13 Mar 2006, at 11:50, Adrian Carter wrote:
>>
>>> Its a Dlink DI714P+ router in a completly vanilla out-of-the-box
>>> setup - so if IAX 'just works' - what am I missing?? :)
>>
> This is the bizare thing... those same clients on SIP do exactly that...
> but the NAT clients all end up being only on port 4569 and only allowing
> one connection... meanwhile I can have numerous SIP connections that
> look just like your IAX ones below... Same client - fires up Idefisk and
> uses his IAX device login and he gets register timeout after the first
> client connects (on port 4569).
>
> Im going to junk the DI714 tomorrow (dlink mumble grumble grrr) and
> replace it with a more .. ahem.. full featured router. See if that helps
> at all. Im just at a loss as to what is different between the SIP
> connections and IAX through this router... there is no discernible
> config 'in the way' that would cause different behavious - beyond the
> port numbers used.

You might check to see if there is newer firmware available for the
dlink before junking it.

Had some similar issues with an older linksys and a firmware upgrade
addressed the problem.

If you're really interested in what the dlink is doing, use ethereal on
the inside and outside edge of the box and see what its doing. Its not
that hard to figure out.