[Asterisk-Users] OT call recording

Adrian Carter adrian at lei.net.au
Mon Mar 13 01:22:20 MST 2006

Heh - yeah, I was just curious myself after your remark and chased it up
and thought you might find it interesting since you had raised it *shrug*

Martin Joseph wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2006, at 12:12 AM, Adrian Carter wrote:
>
>     BTW.. without sparking a flame war, and I have no idea how
>     accurate the information is, but it seems that 'single party
>     consent' applies as long as the recorded is not to be used for
>     illegal purposes.
>
>     This means only one party (in this case the business) need consent
>     to the recordings for them to be legal. I imagine the company
>     therefore gives itself approval to record all its calls, and thus,
>     its all legal.
>
>     *shrug* IANAL, and I dont know how accurate the information is,
>     since it was a curiosity google search and comes from a company
>     marketing software to accomplish it.. .. but it seems fairly
>     factual and similar to my understanding of other jurisdictions laws
>
>     From: http://www.callcorder.com/phone-recording-law.htm
>

> Thanks for the Off Topic info ;~)

Adrian Carter
Technical Manager
Leading Edge Internet

Web	  http://www.lei.net.au http://support.lei.net.au
Direct    +61 2 6163 6162  Support 1 300 662 415

E-mail    cartera at lei.net.au