[Asterisk-Users] Action on phone pickup

Karl O. Pinc kop at meme.com
Sun Mar 12 23:13:37 MST 2006

How do I get asterisk to do something when I pick up
a phone?  For instance, I've got a regular pots
phone hooked up to a zaptel interface, and I want
it to vocalize "hello" when I pick up the phone and
then give me a dial tone, wait for digits, make
a call, etc.

I tried the 's' extension in extensions.conf and setting 'immediate'
to "yes' in zapata.conf and that didn't seem to work.
(Not to mention I don't know how to get dial tone
and dialing behavior back after an application executes.)

Anybody got a clue they can slap me with?

Thanks.

Asterisk SVN-branch-1.2-r8905

Karl <kop at meme.com>
                  -- Robert A. Heinlein