[Asterisk-Users] Hung IAX Channels

Jonathan k. Creasy jonathan at bluegrass.net
Sun Mar 12 15:43:26 MST 2006

I have a problem where my Asterisk server stops answering new TCP
requests and begins to use 99.9% of the CPU on my box. The server is a
64bit Xeon with 2GB of ram.

I haven't been able to recreate the problem but it occurs sometimes when
there is a call coming from my provider (via IAX) to a customer (via
IAX). The customer and the provider systems are running asterisk also.
The call will end and the provider and the client's systems will show
that it has ended (confirming with show channels). On my server however,
it is still showing the active channels.

This happened about once a week and since upgrading to 1.2.5 this
morning from 1.2.4 it has happened twice.

Does anyone know what is happening here?

-Jonathan