[Asterisk-Users] Clustering

Wai Wu wwu at Calltrol.com
Sun Mar 12 09:40:27 MST 2006

How does OSPF tell the remote end (assuming he does not know your setup) start sending RTP packets to the other interface?

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Douglas
Garstang
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 1:41 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion; Asterisk
Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Clustering

No, only if a network interface in the server fails. We have two network interfaces per system (actually we have four, but two are on a private network with a MySQL server). If one of the network interfaces fails, OSPF will switch the default route over to the other interface pretty quick smart. There's probably a little luck involved here too.