[Asterisk-Users] Junghanns, Germany ISDN settings

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Sat Mar 11 03:08:09 MST 2006

Hi Chris,

Chris Earle (CBL) wrote:
> I've got a Junghanns QuadBRI card which I'm going to install on a system in
> Germany
>
> Anyone give me some tips on the Jumper settings?  I'm guessing it's going to
> be NT mode with p2p?  I haven't used ISDN before.
>
> I'm going to also put a Digium TDM400P card in there to plug the analog
> phones into.
>
> I'm just worried about the jumpers and modes.

It really depends what you will be hooking up to the asterisk box. If
you are connecting to a telco's S0 bus you want the card to be in TE
mode (Terminal Equipment). If you are using multiple ISDN lines that are
coupled together as one bundle (ask the telco) you will probably neet to
configure it as p2p. If all lines are singular, use p2mp.

If you will be connecting to a PBX, everything is dependant on how that
PBX is configured.

Best regards,
Florian