[Asterisk-Users] Clustering

Wai Wu wwu at Calltrol.com
Fri Mar 10 21:48:38 MST 2006

If all the sub-servers register themselves to the frontend load balancer and support reinvite, the load balancer can decide which server to send the call to based on the CPU utilizations of the call processing servers. I'm assuming all calls are voip calls here.

 -----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Ron McCarthy
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 2:22 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Clustering

Hello All,

Ive been doing more and more research on trying to setup a cluster/load balancer for Asterisk. All the Asterisk boxes would be using a config that is the same between them all (via a DB), but we want one location to point the phones to, and from there that machine/device will send it to a Asterisk server so the call can be processed. I know you cant balance the whole call, ie: once the call is started the RTP stream has to go to the same server, but a new call could go to a different server if perhaps the 1st server was unreachable.

Has anyone tried this, or got this to work? Ive been looking at using a Juniper Session Border Controller, but not sure if thats gonna do the trick, and then we also have SER..

Any comments would be great!

Thanks
Ron