[Asterisk-Users] Clustering

JR Richardson jr.richardson at cox.net
Fri Mar 10 20:55:34 MST 2006

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:22:12 -0700
From: "Ron McCarthy" <ronmccar at gmail.com>
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Clustering
	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

Hello All,

Ive been doing more and more research on trying to setup a cluster/load
balancer for Asterisk. All the Asterisk boxes would be using a config that
is the same between them all (via a DB), but we want one location to point
the phones to, and from there that machine/device will send it to a Asterisk
server so the call can be processed. I know you cant balance the whole call,
ie: once the call is started the RTP stream has to go to the same server,
but a new call could go to a different server if perhaps the 1st server was
unreachable.

Has anyone tried this, or got this to work? Ive been looking at using a
Juniper Session Border Controller, but not sure if thats gonna do the trick,
and then we also have SER..

Any comments would be great!

Thanks
Ron