[Asterisk-Users] Clustering

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Mar 10 20:05:23 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang wrote:

> I'd just die to see an example of that. I've never seen an example that actually works. I quite distinctly remember reading somewhere (sorry, forget where) that this command was broken.

It's not broken. If you find some official documentation that says so,
then it needs to be fixed. If you read it somewhere else, then that
source is not something you should trust.

regexten in sip.conf works just fine; it can easily be used to make an
extension 'appear' and 'disappear' from the desired context based on the
status of the peer's registration. If that context is then shared among
the Asterisk servers (via DUNDi, IAX2 switches or some other technique),
then calls to that extension will be handled by the server it registered
to automatically.