[Asterisk-Users] HOWTO initialize new kernel & kernel source without reboot

Justin Tunney jtunney at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 13:55:39 MST 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:41:00 -0500, <support at sjobeck.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to initialize my freshly downloaded & installed updates to
> the kernel & kernel source, without rebooting? I pretty much use either
> SuSe or CentOS (therefor either YaST or yum), and, of course, after
> having updated, zaptel wont make since it doesn't see the 'source'
> properly in the /usr/src/.
> Thanks very much.

Comrade,

:: puts on capitalism stomping industrial boots ::

IMHO, it is a bad idea to update the kernel of a production machine unless
there is a compelling reason to do so.  The problem you are having right
now is one of many reasons why I feel this way.

I believe you can do this by editing your yum config and throwing in:

exclude=kernel-*

--
           Justin Tunney