[Asterisk-Users] RE: Stable Hardware Combination Experiences

Scheller, Bob bscheller at gsi-kc.com
Fri Mar 10 09:04:46 MST 2006

I have had a tough time finding a good stable combination of motherboard
with either a TE410P or TE406P and would like to solicit input for
suggestions. Currently, we are utilizing the Supermicro P8SCT. I have
disabled the onboard NIC cards and I am currently using a separate 3COM
PCI card. I have tried both cards in this board with mixed results. This
is the third motherboard we have used and each has had issues. I would
prefer to stay with an LGA775 based board so I don't have to buy any
more new hardware than necessary. The toughest issue has been there is
no good indication of a problem. Either the card seems to quit working
(sometimes reflected when running 'zap show status', sometimes all looks
'OK') or the system will completely crashes. The only real issue when
troubleshooting with Digium is the 'zttest' scores are on the low end of
acceptable. This is a production system with 80+ users so any downtime
can be detrimental to the business. Rather than continuing to research,
I would like to see if there are some "rock-solid" configurations from a
hardware stand point that may improve the situation. Thank you for any
feedback.

Bob Scheller