[Asterisk-Users] PRI/T-1

Greg Schiedler Greg at Limo.Net
Thu Mar 9 23:08:21 MST 2006

Ok so I'm thinking about migrating to a Flex T-1 with 1.024Mb Data and 6
Hard Incoming/Outgoing Phone Lines.

I can either break them out via channel bank and use a FXO to convert them
but I'm told it will add a dely of at least one ring.  And you have
another analog/digital conversion to the mix.

The 2nd option is to bring them in over PRI's

Question is the solution provider will provide the Router and Channel
bank.  What card(s) would be best if I want to bring in upto 6 lines in
via PRI?  I have zero experience with PRI's I have two standard business
class routers.

Or would I be better to stick with a Full T-1 and Port over my list of #'s
below to a VoIP backend carrier that will point them to my Asterisk
Server?

Here is what I need a quote on for comparason:
I have three businesses in two different offices.

Satelite Office
Redmond, OR 97756
541-548-xxxx Main Office Number
541-548-yyyy Fax -w- 256/256 DSL Service (Couuld be used as VoIP feed)
speed can be increased.
541-383-zzzz Bend, OR remote Call Forward to 541-548-xxxx

Main Office & Asterisk Server & Full T-1
Albany, OR 97322
541-926-aaaa Main Office Number  Physical Line#1
541-926-bbbb 2nd Office Number   Physical Line#2
541-926-cccc Fax Number          Physical Line#3
888-546-aaaa Toll Free terminates to 541-926-aaaa
503-362-dddd Salem, OR remote call forward to 541-926-aaaa
503-363-eeee Salem, OR remote call forward to 541-926-aaa
503-972-ffff Portland, OR remote call forward to 541-926-aaa
541-345-gggg Eugene, OR remote call forward to 541-926-aaa

Albany, OR
2nd Business in Main Office Building
541-926-hhhh Main office number   Physical Line#4
800-767-hhhh Toll Free terminates to 541-926-hhhh
503-328-iiii Portland, OR remote call forward to 541-926-hhhh

Residence
Salem, OR 97301
503-316-jjjj Currently with Vonage

I would like to be able to use a sip/softphone at home and answer all
calls from my main and satellite office just as I was at the physical
locations.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to who could handle porting over all
my varrious Remote Call Forward lines to my Asterisk Server?

Thanks for the Bandwidth and Time if you have read this far.

Greg :-)