[Asterisk-Users] Mitel SX-2000 <--> TE210P Red Alarm

Richard OSS oss_richard at rogers.com
Thu Mar 9 19:21:22 MST 2006

Hello,

  I am trying to connect a TE210P to a SX-2000 but zttool shows RED ALARM.
  The SX-2000 provides the internal T1 to the * server.

  Telco -----> SX-2000----> TE210P

  My config file is below which I got from
  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/NFAS

  /etc/zaptel.conf
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
span=2,2,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23,25-48
dchan=24
loadzone = us
defaultzone = us

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
  [trunkgroups]
trunkgroup=>1,24
spanmap => 1,1,0
spanmap => 2,1,2

[channels]
language=en
context=incoming
group=1
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=dms100
callerid=asreceived
rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
channel => 1-23,25-48

  ztcfg -vv looks fine. Could not see errors in the /var/log/messages and /etc/asterisk/messages

  The LEDs on the TE210P just blinks (red/orange).

  I read somewhere that RED ALARM means that there is no connection available (i.e. bad cable, etc.)

  My question is: Do I need a T1 crossover cable for my setup?

  Any tips on debugging this problem? Any suggestion on how to test if the SX-2000 is configured properly and that the problem is on the TE210P configuration?

  Thank you in advance.

  richard