[Asterisk-Users] Two asterisks on one machine

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Thu Mar 9 17:12:24 MST 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 03:45:49PM +0530, vivek at staff.ownmail.com wrote:
> Hello friends,
>    Can I run two asterisks running simultaneously on the same machine?
> I want one to run v1.0.2 for h323 ( which is an old and running
> production system ) and one for sip implementation. I wonder how it
> can be done since they will want access to the same ports and ip addresses.
>    Does anyone know to do this or has done this before?
>    Please share your experiences please.

You can tweak the installation to be in a totally separate environment.
Can be tricky, but will work if you're careful enough.

What you can't easily share is the ports they listen on. If one copy
listens on SIP and bound to UDP port 5060 on 0.0.0.0, another instance
can bind to that port.

You can try to have one version serve as a proxy to another,or similar
setting. But this is bad.