[Asterisk-Users] MultiBRI in Australia - found one - maybe

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Thu Mar 9 16:52:13 MST 2006

James Harper wrote:
> Does this allow the faxing to be done through asterisk?

I only have the V-4BRI cards, which cannot be used to fax. I haven't
actually tested the other version. With my card, if I attempt to use
rx_fax.so or tx_fax.so (using SpanDSP), Asterisk actually segfaults. :)

If I run the capicommand to receive a fax, Asterisk just drops to the
next option in the dial plan, which suggests that the capi fax receive
function doesn't work either. However, if I look at the driver (which is
the same for the full 4BRI version), I can see various fax options which
can be configured.

> What is it about the V-4BRI which prevents faxing?

The board is a voice-only board. It cannot support any type of faxing
(as per the documentation) or data communications. Its also slightly
cheaper than the voice/data 4BRI version.

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Sydney / Melbourne / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street      T: +61 (0) 3 9486 0411
   Fitzroy, VIC           F: +61 (0) 3 9486 0611
   3065                   W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>