[Asterisk-Users] Nortel BCM and Asterisk as SIP Extension

Andrew Willerding awillerding at ieee.org
Thu Mar 9 14:43:38 MST 2006

Greetings!

Has anyone - or is it even possible to - set up Asterisk with multiple
SIP Clients to a Nortel BCM switch?  The intent is to set up an Asterisk
IVR behind the BCM, have the BCM route calls to Asterisk IVR and then
transfer calls to one of two queues in the BCM based on ANI and some
database information.  The wiki (and Google) only mentions PRI,
Line-side T1 or H.323 interfaces to the BCM and looking at the Asterisk
documentation I'm not sure how I'd transfer the call to the Queue.  The
Transfer application is not clear on this type of functionality.

Thanks,

Andrew