[Asterisk-Users] impact of qualify=yes

Adam Moffett adam at plexicomm.net
Thu Mar 9 07:23:38 MST 2006

> Anyone have any information on the performance impact of using
> qualify=yes for hundreds (500ish) of SIP UAs?
>

> I have seen tidbits on qualifyspreading=yes, but not enough to
> understand what it does. I assume lessens the peak load of qualify sip
> options queries?
>

> Thx!

Qualify=yes means we send one SIP packet to the sip user and receive one
packet back, and calculate a round trip time.  And I think this happens
around once a minute.

I can't imagine the performance impact being very big.  The PC on my
desk can do 2000 ICMP pings in 10 seconds with no impact
whatsoever.....qualifying SIP agents can't be much worse.

But I am not an expert on the matter.