[Asterisk-Users] MultiBRI in Australia - found one - maybe

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Thu Mar 9 03:03:29 MST 2006

> Best of luck :-D
> I would be interested in your progress on this.
>
> I am having very little problem in convincing ppl to upgrade their
> multiple
> BRI cricuits for a single pri.  The cost difference between a te110
(or a
> Sangoma A101) MORE than covers the difference from the customer stand
> point,
> especially once you are up to 3 ISDN-2 Interfaces.

A single port E1 is cheaper than any multi BRI adapter I've seen, and
based on Telstra pricing, 3.5 BRI services is about the point where the
PRI is the cheaper option in terms of monthly rental. Installation cost
is another matter but after a year or so it doesn't matter so much.

One use for the multi BRI card though, especially one that can do NT
mode, is that you can use it to trunk to a legacy BRI PBX, which is why
I'm still interested in finding one for use in Australia.

James