[Asterisk-Users] PAP2 won't make two g729 calls at the same time

Nick Hoffman nick.hoffman at altcall.com
Wed Mar 8 18:56:21 MST 2006

On Thu March 9 2006 03:43, Warren Burstein <warren at softov.co.il> wrote:
> I have a Linksys PAP2.  Identical setups for the two channels in both
> the unit and in Asterisk.  In particular, both channels enable g729 and
> set it as the preferred codec, and have disallow=all and allow=g729 in
> sip.conf.
>
> If we make a call on one channel, it works (and uses g729), but if we
> make a call on the other channel when the first one is still connected,
> it fails.  We have three g729 licenses, and no others were in use at the
> times this happened, but even if we didn't have enough, how would the
> PAP2 know that?

Hi Warren. On the PAP2, if you can make 2 simultaneous calls but only 1 can
use G.729, I would hazard a guess that the PAP2 only has 1 G.729 license
installed on it. I doubt that can be increased.

Hope that helps.
-- Nick
e: nick.hoffman at altcall.com
p: +61 7 5591 3588
f: +61 7 5591 6588

If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us and do not make any
use of the email.  We do not waive any privilege, confidentiality or
copyright associated with it.