[Asterisk-Users] 2-Asterisk@Home Servers Connecting Portugal to Brazil (offices)

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 16:45:20 MST 2006

Hi all,

I'm planning to connect 2 office from one company.

I'm the developer, so i hope i can get all the features working well.

Ast at Home(Portugal)---------IAX2/VPN--------Ast at Home(Brazil)

1- First i'm integrating Asterisk in Portugal's company office, one
Asterisk at Home with TE110P connecting to an old PBX. (the same is done
in Brazil, but only VoIP no TE110P)

For *@Home PCs:
-P4 1GRam 100GHard Disk
(About 20 to 50 users initially)

2- For Portugal internal VoIP calls as well as VoIP to PSTN i think it
would be all ok.

I would like to hear from you? (using Alaw will I need QoS on our LAn?
we have Gigabit Lan)

Main doubts are the the connection between Brazil and Portugal. Will
it work only using IAX2 and Alaw?

Will I need G729 for this connections? Does DTMF works fine with G729?

(I'm planning maximum 4 simultaneous calls to Brazil)

We have broadband connection 4Mbit.

I hope this Excellent mailing list could help me on giving me some
Feedback and or advices/tips.

Best regards,
Marco Mouta