[Asterisk-Users] No DTMF

Dovid Bender asteriskdigium at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 12:07:57 MST 2006

Some one was on my server making changes to my sip.conf files. I am now having trouble with DTMF. No matter what I use (inband,auto,rfc2833) the dtmf tones seem to not come thru. I compared it to the wiki and all the configs seem to be in order.

  Here is my sip.conf

  [general]
disallow=all
;allow=g729 ; requires license for g729
allow=ulaw
port = 5060
nat=yes
context=from-sip
bindaddr=0.0.0.0 ; IP address to bind to (0.0.0.0 binds to all)
maxexpirey=4800 ; Maximum expiration for registrations
defaultexpirey=1800 ; Default expiration for registrations
canreinvite=no ; Allow clients to directly connect if set to yes. Set to no if behind NAT.
tos=reliability
srvlookup=yes ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls
videosupport=no ; Turn on support for SIP video
dtmfmode=rfc2833 ;rfc2833 ;inband ;rfc2833 ; DTMF inband need to be set here.
pedantic=no
externip=XXXX.XXXX.XXX
  ;Sip Media
register => XXXXXXXXXX:XXXX at sip.sipmedia.com/7322761368
  [sipmedia6]
type=friend
user=XXXXXXXXXX ;(Phone Number)
username=XXXXXXXXXX ;(Phone Number)
fromuser=XXXXXXXXXX ;(Phone Number)
authname=XXXXXXXXXX ;(Phone Number)
secret=XXXX ;(SIP Password)
host=sip.sipmedia.com
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=ServerHighway
realm=sip1.xchangetele.com
fromdomain=sip.sipmedia.com
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
insecure=very

  Here is my extensions.conf
  [general]
static=yes
writeprotect=yes
  [ServerHighway]
;Play Server Highway IVR

Exten => s,1,Background(server-highway-ivr)
Exten => s,2,Background(blank-file-10)
  Exten => 1,1,Ringing()
Exten => 1,2,Wait(15)
Exten => 1,3,Macro(stdexten,9511,9511)
Exten => 2,1,Ringing()
Exten => 2,2,Wait(15)
Exten => 2,3,Macro(stdexten,9512,9512)
Exten => 3,1,Ringing()
Exten => 3,2,Wait(15)
Exten => 3,3,Macro(stdexten,9513,9513)
Exten => 4,1,Ringing()
Exten => 4,2,Wait(15)
Exten => 4,3,Macro(stdexten,9514,9514)
Exten => i,1,Background(invalid)
Exten => i,2,Goto(s,1)
  Exten => t,1,Goto(s,1)
  exten => 9,1,Goto(s,1)
;Extension To Record Main IVR Message
exten => 500,1,Authenticate(XXX)
exten => 500,2,Record(ServerHighwayIvr:gsm)