[Asterisk-Users] OT: Polycom BootRom 3.1.3 and vsftpd 2.0.3

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Mar 7 17:18:33 MST 2006

Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> HTTP's nice, but FTP does the job.  Check the docs for supported FTP
> servers -- many of the stock Linux FTP servers will give the exact problem
> you discussed, below.  I should know -- took me almost a week before
> trying proftpd, and WHAMMO, worked like a champ.
>
> -Ken

Ken,

	Proftpd has had more problems than vsftpd:

http://www.polycom.com/common/pw_cmp_updateDocKeywords/0,1687,5082,00.pdf

	Anyways, vsftpd has always worked flawlessly for me and many, many
others that use AstLinux for this purpose (until Polycom bootrom 3.1.3).
  I'm actually very interested to find out SPECIFICALLY what happened
here.  I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

--
Kristian Kielhofner