[Asterisk-Users] Changing REINVITE status of the channel dynamically

Álvaro Palma apalma at opschile.cl
Tue Mar 7 11:34:07 MST 2006

I've an Asterisk server running in my office, which forwards all
long distance calls to a third party SIP service using an extension rule:

exten => _1XX0.,1,Dial(SIP/{EXTEN:4}@external_sip_server.com)

(1XX0 is the international calls rule for Chile)

Also, in my sip.conf, I've defined canreinvite=yes to decrease the
network load to the server caused by the RTP.

However, the external sip server seems to be buggy, because the
REINVITE's against it only works for certain routes, and in others, it
simply hang up the calls. Since I don't have control over that remote
service (and I already inform them about this problem), I'd like to know
if it's possible to set the REINVITE on or off dynamically, based on the
extension being dialed. I don't like very much the option to completely
disable the REINVITE's in my network (formed by a central, and a lot of
offices connected to it by not too fast links, so the network usage is
an issue)

Thanks a lot for your help.

--
Atly.