[Asterisk-Users] Setting Vaaibles

Dovid Bender asteriskdigium at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 11:21:19 MST 2006

Helo List,
First I would like to apologize for my bad spelling as
well as that I did not search the wiki first. I only
have email access at the moment.

I am having trouble setting both variables and global
variables thru an extension.

I am using Asterisk 1.2.4 with Ztdummy on CentOS 3.4
with an Xlite softphone. I have two xlite phones on
diffent computers. One logs in as xlite1 and the other
as SNOM.

My dial plan is as follows

Exten => 200,1,Dial(${OnCall},10)
Exten => 201,1,Set(OnCall=SIP/SNOM)
Exten => 202,1,Set(OnCall=SIP/xlite1)

(I have tried Set and SetGlobalVar).

When I use Set I get the following in the CLI
-- Executing Set("SIP/snom-a645", "OnCall=SIP/SNOM")
in new stack
== Auto fallthrough, cahnnel 'SIP/snom\a645 status is
'UNKNOWN'

If I dial ext. 201 or 202 I get call failed: 603
declined on the xlite phone. When I dail 200 I get an
error

If I use SetGlobalVar the output from the CLI is
-- Executing SetGlobalVar("SIP/snom-24f8",
"OnCall=SIP/SNOM") in new stack
= Setting global variable 'OnCall' to 'SIP/SNOM'
== Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/snom-24f8' status is
'UNKNOWN'

When I use SetGlobalVar I get the same error in the
xlite phone. However when I dial ext. 200 it works.

I tried dialing 201 and 202 from both softphones and I
got the same errors.

Thanks a lot.

Dovid