[Asterisk-Users] Periodic-announce in queues

Fredrik Emil Jensen fredrik at netpower.no
Tue Mar 7 04:47:52 MST 2006

Well, with music I manage to get the periodic-announce to work, but only
when the queues had no available members it will play the periodic
announcement within the periodic-announce-frequency.

To manipulate this I figured out that you can set the timeout within
queues.conf to:

Timeout = 60

Then when you dial this exten you will be in the queue for 60 sec, you
go out from the queue, the announce-messages is played, and you are back
into the queue again, I do not want to exit the queue and join the queue
again, I would like to have a message play while dialing. This is an
irritating problem with Eyebeam which will popup every time when someone
joins the queue, I also have some irritating problem with the Cisco 7940
phone with SIP software, which also switch lines when a new call comes
in (if you example are dialing out with line 2, you will automatic jump
to line 1 when a new call comes in)

And I found out that it is the same with regular announcement, it will
also only play when there are no agents available.

I would like to announce messages after 60 sec within the queue,
regardless if the agents are available or not and without having the
dialer jumping out of the queues. Does anyone know how to solve that?

Regards

Fredrik Jensen