[Asterisk-Users] new beta Grandstream firmware HT488_496_386

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Mon Mar 6 22:39:09 MST 2006

On Mar 6, 2006, at 7:14 PM, Tom Vile wrote:

> The firmware made thing much worse for me.  Call waiting does not
> work, I cant disable the local feature codes and DTMF transmission is
> horrible as well.  It has not locked up on me yet though because I
> through it in the trash and plugged in my Sipura.

LOL,

I put mine(HT-488) in the ebay pile...

  It didn't help my echo issue which was only exhibited from inbound
cell phone calls.

  It didn't fix the first ring issue with the FXO. (ie they only way to
have the FXO forward to asterisk is to have ring an extension after the
first ring, unfortunately it insists on ringing the FXS, which means if
you pick up too soon, the FXO hasn't picked up yet, and the call goes
to voicemail).

It didn't fix the basic poor audio quality.

No more patience for that shite.  I might still use the FXS only... I
was thinking of setting up a public phone on the post of my mailbox.
One with a context that only allows for 7 digit local calls.

Marty