[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk download file locations

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Mon Mar 6 20:50:47 MST 2006

Colin,

Because having the logic is not the correct thing to do from an
engineering point of view. Consider:

- What if Digium change the directory structure again? Having a
published directory structure is the elegant thing to do.

- Not only does it break build scripts but it breaks search engines too.

- Our scripts already have more conditional logic than I'm happy with,
dealing with all the inconsistencies that Linux distributions throw at
us. Anything which makes the installation process less brittle is a good
thing.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
+44 20 799 39 799