[Asterisk-Users] PRI CID signalling not working?

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 17:19:33 MST 2006

Hello - I have (finally) obtained a fair amount of success in
connecting my Intertel Axxess PBX to an asterisk box via a T1 PRI.  I
can place calls from the Intertel side through the T1, out to an IAX2
softphone and the calls get routed correctly and all of the CID
information stays intact.  However, when I call from the IAX side to
an extension which should route back through to the Intertel system,
it's looking like either the CID information isn't getting passed
correctly or the Intertel system isn't correctly receiving the
d-channel data that is sent by the asterisk box.  What's happening is
that no matter what extension I dial from my softphone, it gets routed
to the "operator" extension of my Intertel PBX.  Has anyone had
experience with troubleshooting this?  I have call routing tables set
up on the Intertel that *should* be taking care of this, but it's not
working.  Here are a few snippets of my config files - are there any
glaring errors?

zapata.conf:

[channels]
signalling=pri_net ; pri_cpe = PRI slave ; pri_net = PRI master
switchtype=national
echocancel=yes ; You can set this to 32, 64, or 128, tweak to your needs.
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400 ; Asterisk trains to the beginning of the call,
number is in milliseconds
callerid=asreceived
group=1
context=logic; Points to the default context of your extensions.conf
channel => 1-23 ; Set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1

extensions.conf:

[globals]
TRUNK=Zap/g1                                    ; Trunk interface

[logic]
exten => 270,1,Dial(IAX2/erika_idefisk)
exten => 271,1,Dial(IAX2/erika_idefisk)
exten => _ZZZ,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN}})

iax.conf:

[erika_idefisk]
type=friend
username=erika