[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 501 power over ethernet

William M Conlon bill at tothept.com
Mon Mar 6 14:52:28 MST 2006

Maybe this can conclude the thread.  This powering arrangement works
for me:

Netgear FS108 :: Polycom injector cable :: RJ45 coupler :: patch
cable :: Polycom 501

Some notes:
1.  The Polycom injector cable should be plugged into a POE port on
the switch (the Netgear FS108 switch has both powered and unpowered
ports), or the Polycom injector will not source power.
2.  The Netgear FS108 is NOT sourcing power.
3.  The patch cable is a 50-foot CAT5.
3.  To beat a dead horse, the Polycom 501 itself, is NOT a POE phone,
IMHO.  Caveat emptor.

bill