[Asterisk-Users] Polycom voice.gain.tx.analog.handset and asterisk echo

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 10:53:14 MST 2006

While I'm asking about the Polycom ip500, the answers for all phones
where mic/handset/headset levels are adjustable would be of interest
to many I'm sure.

For the ip500, the default value for the handset seems to be
voice.gain.tx.analog.handset="3"

I've noticed that echo all but goes away when one reduces the mic
volume on almost any phone. My question is, for you users that have
adjusted these levels for the purpose of echo reduction (or anything
else), what did you find optimal for you? I myself have a fairly loud
voice so I don't need any boost. I was considering lowering this value
but I'd love to hear what other have done (or not) and again, on any
SIP phones. Default or tinker?