[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on MacOS?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Mon Mar 6 09:39:22 MST 2006

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20MacOSX%20Support

It works but it's bitchy as hell to run because of "root" issues in OSX. I
run it on my Mini. Zaptel is not supported. You have to use an external
gateway of some kind. Zaptel development support is stalled, most likely
because of the Intel thing, the guys working on it are (rightly so) waiting
to see how the new Macs pan out. In theory it should be cake to port the
driver to an Intel mac and hopefully you can take a stock card and plug it
in, but for now, only a SIP/FXS/FXO gateway is the most practical way.