[Asterisk-Users] NEWS: SIP Firmware Available for Cisco 7970

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Mon Mar 6 09:18:39 MST 2006

I've just recieved a copy of the new SIP firmware for the Cisco 7970,
those of you with Cisco accounts may wish to try it (shock horror I'm
sticking with SCCP).

This coincides with the release of v8 firmware for all Cisco phones (and
for those of you running Sergio's chan_sccp v8 works fine)

The firmware is now also (and for the 7970 SIP, only) distributed in
".cop" files, these are actually just tarballs (.tar.gz) with a new
name. The names are mangled, but relativly easy to figure out.

Please note that I will not give this firmware out, nor point people to
places where they may pirate it.

Thanks,
Julien